I received access to this product for free and was compensated for my time. All opinions are my own, honest and I was not required to write a positive review.
We are going on our 12th year of homeschooling. 12 years. I have taught/will teach reading to someone every year for 12 years. 12 years! My first three children were easy to teach and all started reading with little effort. Not so for my next three children, they are struggling readers. We have taken every approach imaginable.
Just read them good books ✔︎
Switched programs ✔︎
Focused on phonics ✔︎
Focused on sight words ✔︎
Taken breaks ✔︎
Hired a tutor ✔︎
You name we have done it, tried it, researched it, and failed at it. Reading instruction was producing tears not readers. It wasn’t “cozy on the couch”, it was me banging my head against the wall and slamming books shut in frustration. It was considering public school because I was done. DONE.
The one thing I never had considered was an on-line curso de paisajismo. For some (dumb!) reason I didn’t think an on-line program was good enough and couldn’t really teach someone to read. Never mind that the 100’s of things I had been trying hadn’t worked! Reluctantly I signed up all three of my children. I figured if nothing else we wouldn’t loose too much ground and it would give us all a much needed break. While that particular program wasn’t exactly what we needed, it opened my eyes to the ways that an on-line program really could work for us. In this instance removing me from the equation was a good thing and the program allowed my children to experience success where they had not before.
When I got the opportunity to try the Nessy Parent Pack I may have done a fist pump or two.
Benefits of Using Nessy
- Repetition in a fun way. No drilling word cards or letter sounds. Move your monkey around and play different games – all while enforcing words and sounds.
- Teacher, aka “mom” gets a bit of a break. Instead of my child running for the hills when I pulled out the reading material, they happily hopped on the computer.
- Fun. Seriously, it’s not unusual to hear my 10 year old belly laugh when doing a reading game. Yes. Laughing while reading. He’s relaxed, engaged and enjoying his learning time. The next day when I say “it’s time for Nessy” he isn’t going to argue with me.
Nessy Parent Pack
What does the Nessy Parent Pack include?
- Dyslexia Explained – interesting and helpful videos to explain Dyslexia
- Nessy Reading and Spelling – the main program we have been using, we love it!
- Dyslexia Quest (Yeti Mountain – the Dyslexia screen game)
- Writing Beach
- Nessy Numbers
Writing Beach and Nessy Numbers were both a little bit above my kids level, so we didn’t spend much time there, the concepts presented and the manner in which they were presented were consistent with the other areas of Nessy that we loved.
Please download the FREE copy of Dyslexia Explained. A very useful and insight guide.
By the way, Nessy is extremely useful even if your child does NOT have Dyslexia!
Interested in trying Nessy for your family? Be sure to take advantage of this great offer.
-Coupon is good for 15% off whichever product you choose
-Expires Monday, October 16, 2017
For the Parent Pack use code: PPBLOG15
For the Nessy Reading & Spelling use code: NRSBLOG15
Note: Anyone purchasing the monthly subscription with a discount code will receive a discount only on the first month. All subsequent months will be at the regular monthly rate. Thus the best deal is to use the discount code with the year long license.
Please follow Nessy on Facebook!